RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. Renk America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of components and sub-systems of transmissions for military ground vehicles. Projects range in scope from advanced research and development of future products to failure analysis and incremental improvements to existing products. This position may transition to supporting the production localization of transmission and gear box assembly lines, with potential to be the RENK America design engineering POC for those lines and products.
- Develop system, sub-system, and component requirements in order to meet customer requirements
- Develop concepts to meet requirements
- Perform mechanical, hydraulic, and thermal analysis to ensure new designs meet requirements.
- Develop & release detailed drawings. Interface with cross functional team and suppliers as needed.
- Develop test plans to validate new designs
- Conduct / oversee test activities
- Conduct / lead failure investigations
- Write and present internal & external engineering reports & presentations
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Graduate Degree with 4 years of related experience
- Transmission / powertrain design and development experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical stress and structural engineering calculations
- Demonstrated ability to perform thermal fluids and heat transfer calculations
- Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines
- Must be capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance
- Good written and verbal communications
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%
- Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.