The Launch Quality Engineer supports the organization by establishing positive customer relationships, proactive analysis and process resolution, and successfully launching product for manufacturing with zero defects.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or five years of experience in an engineering capacity
- Experience with an automotive supplier (preferably in quality environment of a stamping supplier)
- Prior project management experience
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer relations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exposure to the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process and associated quality documents, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), blueprint reading, datum schemes, Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) applications and associated software, including fit analysis and Design of Experiment (DOE)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency using statistical software programs (such as Minitab)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team-based work setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent work record, including attendance
(Minimum requirements are updated annually to meet the demands of various positions; employees hired prior to the latest revision update may not meet all current requirements)
Quality Process & Documentation:
- Lead the dimensional planning process (including gages) and approve layouts prior to capability runs.
- Review and approve completed Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation prior to customer submission and assure proper records and data per Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) and customer requirements. Ensure 100% conformance for dimensional, material, testing, capability and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) requirements.
- Participate in die shop runs and review dimensional and capability study data on critical characteristics before die is shipped to company. Participate in prove out and capability runs to verify that new projects meet part design and quality requirements through review of capability run results.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations for launch issues (not commercial items); be the customer expert and enforce system and product requirements.
- Provide all necessary documentation to customers per their requests and/or requirements (such as packaging, capacity study, tool biography).
- Organize and attend program meetings/conference calls with customers and suppliers as required.
- Lead the Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP), communicating key internal and external customer quality requirements.
- Form and lead teams to successfully transfer products from design to production through communication, delegation, and conflict resolution.
- Ensure launch due dates for critical path items in operations are met.
- Provide technical input through launch and production processes; apply lean processes to maintain or enhance original part and process design to achieve minimum take times and Run at Rate.
- Report weekly program status utilizing the dashboard for all internal team members.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety, We Can If…Do What It Takes, and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.