The Automatic Press Technician – Tier 1 sets up and operates automatic presses to stamp metal parts in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Diploma or GED
- 6 Months experience setting up and operating automatic presses and trouble-shooting dies (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to prove mechanical inclination, computer literacy and general math knowledge through aptitude testing
- Willingness to attend off-site, job-related training classes
- Willingness to train and work on any shift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent work records (including attendance)
- Technicians are responsible for owning a set of approved calipers and micrometersWhat you will learn and do:
- Learn to stage, set, and become proficient in troubleshooting dies for automatic presses (using press controls and sensors).
- Learn to load coils, blank feed, operate departmental straighteners and presses to process parts.
- Learn to maintain press fluid levels.
- Learn to prepare, load, and adjust feeders. Verify proper raw material/stock against router and check
- Learn to run parts on the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and interpret the reports to verify the quality of parts sheet.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety, We Can If…Do What It Takes, and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.