Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products is a company founded on the principles of nutrition, health and wellness. At Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products we understand the importance of giving our consumers food and beverages that taste great and help them enrich their lives. That's what "Nestle. Good Food, Good Life" is all about.
At Infant Nutrition, supporting the healthy growth, development and eating habits of children from infant to preschooler remains at the heart of everything we do. With strength of our GERBER, GRADUATES and GOOD START brands, we develop products, education and service that will enable us to become the trusted nutrition authority for consumers, retailers, healthcare professionals and regulatory agencies.
OUR MISSION is to help nurture a healthier generation, one baby at a time.
OUR VISION is to be the recognized leader in early childhood nutrition.
The work atmosphere at Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products is energized, professional and collaborative. Team members are empowered to truly impact the business while advancing their skills, building their knowledge, and achieving a good life and career.
At Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products our ideal candidates are those who share our passion for Continuous Excellence, with solid leadership skills - able to inspire, lead and develop people, and adding value - results focus and take initiative. If you are this person - We Want To Meet You!
The opportunity has arisen for an Operations Supervisor to join our fast-paced team-focused production staff at our unionized manufacturing facility located in Fremont, Michigan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Be a Leader
- Manage day-to-day operations of the business unit to assure collaboration of shifts to guarantee smooth transitions.
- Provides leadership/direction to hourly employees.
- Ensure teams are properly trained and following approved processes to facilitate the manufacturing of quality goods based on accepted practices, regulatory requirements, and/or company policies.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and moral to achieve production goals.
- Be a role-model for your team!
- Develop, maintain and empower a quality conscientious attitude among employees. Ensure all operations are handled within GMP guidelines.
- Maintain ISO food safety, occupational safety and environmental level facility, with a focus on safe work practices and housekeeping programs, as well as maintenance and upkeep of all equipment.