Responsible for overseeing, troubleshooting, and coordinating the audiovisual systems within the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Provide event floor coverage support as well as guidance and support to other departments within the organization as required.
• Provide quality guest centric service to all your guests, both internal and external.
• Responsible as the main contact with guests for all AV needs, using excellent communication to understand the guest's needs prior to the event, and meeting those needs throughout the event via the setup and troubleshooting of AV equipment.
• Responsible for being the main technical support throughout the entirety of each event including pre-event sound checks and any technical need during an event.
• Work closely and professionally with the Hospitality team to coordinate all AV details for events.
• Responsible for the sale of audiovisual service to our hospitality guests directly through communication and in-person meetings.
• Assist in the planning, setup, and support of all AV equipment throughout the organization.
• Maintain a current knowledge of AV equipment, techniques, and best practices.
• Provide AV training to appointed staff on occasion.
• Operation and understanding of software used to operate AV equipment.
• Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens' mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and guiding principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and treating others with dignity and respect.
• Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of employees, volunteers, members, and guests.
• A flexible and collaborative culture is important. Other duties may be assigned within the department as well as across the organization.