$1000 sign on bonus after 6 months of employment and another $1000 after 1 year. 40 hrs vacation after 90 days!
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor
Lead Warehouse will be responsible to lead and oversee Material Handling functions such as order picking, material movement and inventory management. Ensuring shift responsibilities are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Provides on-the-job training to associates as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following:
- Lead Material Handling functions such as order picking, material movement and inventory management
- Participate in product selection and put-away of products
- Work with Supervisor to prepare shift work schedules
- Move or otherwise handle cases, boxes and/or pallets of fabric and/or components and related products as identified on order forms, in the quantities specified
- Work with associates to ensure selection and storage of product is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead shift workflow; assign work to associates and ensure compliance to operational and safety policies and procedures
- Assist with resolving issues which may arise during the shift
- Provide on-the-job training to associates and train on the proper use of equipment
- Provide feedback of work performance to Warehouse Manager/Supervisor as appropriate
- Operate power industrial equipment such as a forklift, long-tongued electric pallet jack, high-extender high-lift and other moving equipment (i.e., walkers).
- Lift products weighing between 30-60 lbs. frequently and products weighing up to 75 lbs. occasionally, while ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by properly disposing of pallet boards, wood chips, and other trash, etc. and ensuring any spills are cleaned up quickly and according to safety guidelines.
- Report damaged product and quality issues and notify supervisor of out-of-stock or low volume product(s)
- Performs necessary transactions in ERP/MRP to maintain accurate quantity-by-location inventory control system.
- Performs safety and maintenance checklists on all equipment.
- Participate in Lean and Kaizen events and training.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- Solid work history including related material handling experience.
- Must possess fork truck operation experience and/or certification and the ability to use all types of material handling equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret production schedule and inventory reports
- Must demonstrate a good attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment related to safety, quality, cost and delivery of parts, processes and product.
- Basic math, computer and keyboarding skills to work within the ERP/MRP system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and judge distance and height.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer