Studio C is in search of a Controller who is a thoughtful leader, innovative and motivated to make a positive impact on the company and those around them. Studio C is the parent company of Celebration Cinema, ShowSpan, One Twenty Three Tavern, Listening Room and Studio Park, which includes a parking structure, apartments, restaurant, music venue, theater and commercial retail space. This is a full time, exempt, salaried position at our Corporate Office (Knapp’s Corner) and reports to the CFO
In this role, you will oversee all accounting functions, provide positive leadership to the accounting team and work with the Corporate Leadership Team to provide visibility on company performance and financial analysis.
We exist to create space where story happens! If you love accounting and spreadsheets and you aren’t ashamed to admit it, love movies, get excited about the opportunity to lead and develop a team and deliver what we call “celebrated” service, please consider starting your next story with us!
- Providing thoughtful and strategic leadership that will ensure that the team is performing effectively and efficiently
- Provide training, coaching and motivation that facilitate the success and professional growth of the team
- Foster and maintain a positive company culture by quickly resolving disputes, building trusting relationship, providing clear communication, promoting collaboration and growth
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing/maintaining internal controls across all departments of Studio C related companies.
- Insure the accuracy of financial transactions from the point of initiation to the general ledger.
- Develop a month-end reporting package that provides a meaningful analysis on financial trends and transforms variance analyses into actionable insights
- Develop, improve, and issue timely financial reports, including monthly financial statements for Studio C companies.
- Implement controls in the management of expenses that maximize the profitability of the company.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate special projects, programs, capital expenditures, product costing, and company ventures when necessary.
- Complete MI monthly Sales, Use & Withholding tax returns.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on a budget process that helps drive results
- Build & maintain strong banking relationship and knowledge of appropriate treasury management tools.
- Secure records to insure confidentiality of financial information.
- Visit theatre locations as needed to build culture, educate managers and employees, and test internal controls.
- Prepare schedules and account reconciliations for auditors at year-end for purposes of completing the financial statements and tax returns of Studio C companies.
- Maintain current knowledge of the motion picture theatre industry to determine how changes within the industry affect the company.
- Build Trusting Relationships - Manage relationships with team members, clients and vendors.
QUALIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant work experience with at least 3 years in an accounting management capacity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Intermediate Excel skills
- CPA or CMA designation is a plus
- Sage Intacct accounting software, Nexonia expense management software, and CCH Prosystem depreciation experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MI sales & use tax required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a strong desire to provide extraordinary leadership, which includes thoughtful coaching, inspiration, recognition and professional development
- Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, perform work with a positive attitude, exhibit empathy and a professional manner at all times
- Have courage to make the tough decisions but, also the courage to be playful, loosen up and have some fun!
- Passionate, fun, lively, creative, kind, innovative, self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and responsible
- Must love data! Picking it apart, analyzing it, and making intelligent decisions; all with extreme attention to detail
- Medical, Dental, Vision Life, STD, LTD, PTO, 401K
- Free Movies!
- Discounted Concessions
- Paid Volunteer Time
- A fun culture in an exciting industry with endless popcorn refills
- Friday morning “training” videos (movies)
- Equal Opportunity Employer