Full-Time, Direct Hire Opening on 3rd Shift
Direct responsibility for ensuring continuous operation of Automated Assembly lines, including both mechanical and electrical systems, robots, and machining centers. Works directly with line operators, and alternate shift Maintenance Technicians, engineering and maintenance teams to continuously improve operations. Provides clear communication and data to cross-functional team as required to solve production issues.
- Ensures system is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance on cell equipment.
- Supports production through improvement of automated equipment, operations and troubleshooting as needed.
- Uses troubleshooting skills to methodically resolve a problem.
- Communicates trends in issues contributing to downtime or quality to supervision and support team, including engineering and maintenance.
- Perform basic functions to adjust and troubleshoot robot issues.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment such as but not limited to motors, relays, switches, sensors, and programmable logic controllers.
- Reference equipment drawings and manuals to assist with troubleshooting.
- Replaces faulty components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, ball screws positions sensing devices, etc.
- Works with maintenance to ensure crib stock supply.
- Assists Systems Technicians in production as needed.
- Coordinates with tool room to fabricate equipment replacement parts and process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- One to three years related experience and/or training.
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and other automation devices required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of failure analysis and detection of failure modes to prevent equipment breakdown.
- Journeyman or 3 to 5 years machine repair experience preferred.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and equipment manuals to troubleshoot and repair equipment.