The Herman Miller Group Technology Team is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative technology solutions, and we need a Senior Full Stack Developer to help us get there!
This position offers the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team on solving office architectural design related problems with cloud-based technologies and 3-D visualization. You will be joining a dynamic team of senior level professionals creating advanced solutions with the opportunity to explore and learn on an ongoing basis
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Working with the business and product owner on multiple digital solutions dealing with geometry, vector algebra, trigonometry, and mathematical structures/models
- Developing technical solutions in the AWS Cloud utilizing modern technologies
- Developing IT processes and recommending process improvements
- Identifying opportunities for improvements to technologies and IT processes
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field
- Seven to ten years of experience
- Experience with geometry, vector algebra, trigonometry, and mathematical structures/models
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of current and emerging technological development in software and web technologies
- Understanding of best practices with team-based development in Git and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Proficiency with databases, both relational and non-relational.
- General understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of cloud, software, and database architecture.
- Experience building solutions in the Cloud, specifically AWS, is a plus
- A passion for learning
- Open to exploring new ideas
- Understanding of fail fast concepts respecting agility
- Technical skills: geometry, vector algebra, mathematical structures/data models, .Net development stack with C#, Object Oriented design principles, experience building and consuming Restful APIs in C#, experience connecting Relational and NoSQL databases
- Technical skills (desirable): programming in Autodesk Dynamo, AutoCAD API or Revit API experience, SQL and NoSQL Database, AWS or equivalent cloud experience, scripting, JIRA, Git, CI/CD, .Net Core, Microservices
- Experience working in Agile, specifically Scrum framework and in close collaboration with Product Owners\Business Analysts\Product Leads to establish and maintain sprint and release cadence
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.