- Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of basic hand tools (e.g., wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, scrappers, box cutters).
- Knowledge of and ability to apply inspection techniques (e.g., formalized inspection standards, inspection instructions, best practices) and use inspection tools efficiently. The ability to read and use micrometers, functional and cylindrical gauges, comparators, indicator setups, scales.
- Knowledge and ability to use torque wrenches to adjust parts and equipment, or install parts and equipment, following established specifications and procedures.
- Knowledge of how quality impacts the success of the organization including costs to customers, costs of recalls and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation. This includes taking the necessary steps to ensure quality on a consistent basis and striving for improvement.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information.
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents and to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisor.
- General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and how tools could be used on such equipment/machines. This includes the ability to learn new systems quickly, understanding how parts relate, and how they impact system functionality. The position also requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands.
- The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities. This includes the ability and willingness to take ownership for work activities, to learn and understand company policies and procedures.
- The ability to accurately provide the information requested on specific forms, reports, and logs. This includes generating or transcribing appropriate words, numbers, or symbols to complete written or computerized forms, reports, or logs.
- The ability to identify problems and to assist with resolution. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
- The ability to provide excellent service to internal customers.
- The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to follow work orders efficiently.
- The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner and possessing strong hand-eye coordination.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- No related work experience.
- Mechanical aptitude required
Woodward offers an excellent total rewards package that includes:
* Starting hourly rate of $18.15 for entry-level production positions on 2nd and 3rd shift after the 10% shift premium is applied
* Paid holidays, vacation, sick time, jury duty and bereavement leave
* Annual bonus based on profitability and other performance metrics
* Annual merit increases
* Low cost medical, dental and vision insurance with a health reimbursement account
* Health care and dependent care spending account
* Company paid short-term and long-term disability
* Company paid life and AD&D insurance
* 401k with company match and company stock plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* some benefits require an eligibility waiting period
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer