About this Opportunity
We're looking for a Senior Social Media and Community Management Specialist to develop and execute social media and community management strategies for Herman Miller Gaming. Our Global Social Media team drives brand awareness, consideration, demand, and loyalty across Herman Miller's family of brands. You will shape a social media strategy to meet these goals and work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to bring the strategy to life.
What You'll Do
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Develop and implement an insights-led multi-platform social strategy with an up-to-date understanding of social best practices for gaming audiences, ensuring alignment with broader marketing priorities, business goals, voice, and brand. Platforms may include Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Twitch, Discord, Facebook, Pinterest, and Snapchat among others.
- Develop and execute a global community management strategy in collaboration with the HM Gaming team designed to grow audiences, develop brand affinity, increase engagement, leverage influencers, and ultimately increase revenue.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Influencers and Content Creators on platforms such as Twitch, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube and Discord.
- Own the social content calendar for Herman Miller Gaming. Work cross-functionally to ensure global integration and to develop best in class creative
- Expertise in Social Listening that enables you to create robust analytics and reports about competitors, influencers, communities, performance, products, and campaigns.
- Develop tone of voice and community management best practices, and independently write and distribute content that is in line with HM brand and business goals
- Experience within the gaming industry either professionally or as a fan
- A deep understanding of social media and the associated tools, technology and platforms
- Establish KPIs and develop timely reports that identify key takeaways and develop actionable recommendations.
- Provide thought leadership on emerging trends, platforms, and players to push Herman Miller Gaming to the forefront of social.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of social media marketing and influencer management experience in a fast-paced emerging business.
- Experience working in the gaming industry and a passion for Play
- Experience driving B2C social media marketing strategy designed to scale
- Experience managing an influencer network
- Experience developing and implementing a multi-channel social media strategy that leverages brand networks, customers, partnerships, paid media and events.
- Experience managing agency relationships
- The ability to guide creative teams in shaping content for optimal social reach and engagement.
- The ability to occasionally work flexible hours to cover weeknight and weekend duties.
- Fluency with social analytics and SEO a plus.
- The ability to be self-motivated and to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Who We Are
The Herman Miller Group is a family of individually vibrant brands, all dedicated to artful, problem-solving design. As Herman Miller has evolved over its 100-plus-year history, we've joined forces with brands that share our commitment to great design, and promoting the health and well-being of our customers and employees.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world.