Position: Dietitian (Hospital)
Reports To: Unit Manager
Position Location/Department: Dietary
Job Summary: Assess, plan treatment, evaluate care, educate and follow-up on patients according to state/federal/accreditation rules and regulations. Ensure continuous improvement in performance outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collect nutrition risk data on patients to determine priorities for care. Keep all documentation current.
Conduct comprehensive nutrition assessments in a timely manner according to facility policy/rules/accreditation requirements.
· Interpret data and information based on age-specific criteria and analyze, address, document and establish treatments and monitoring as appropriate.
Plan, organize, schedule, document and direct inpatients, outpatient, individual and group patient and family education experiences. Use age-appropriate materials and methods for determining comprehension and potential for compliance.
· Approve the patient menu and Diet Manual.
· Evaluate, consolidate and manage the department’s nourishment/supplement and/or enteral formulary programs.
· Pursue ongoing knowledge and information on disease states to ensure that new procedures are implemented when indicated.
· Monitor intake records and other internal documentation/tracking processes.
· Supervise the nutrition, care and treatment of patients as a part of the healthcare team. Ensure that physician, nurses, and other allied staff understand the nutrition requirements of the patient.
· Develop and nurture a professional working relationship with clients, peers, and other facility staff.
· Organize, maintain and enforce all local, state, federal, accreditation, certification and/or licensure rules and regulations at all times with regard to clinical nutrition care.
· Speak, listen, and write in a clear, positive and professional manner, using interpersonal skills, good judgment, and empathy.
· Delegate as appropriate to ensure that job responsibilities are complete.
· Plan, initiate and complete projects to support enhancement to the food service and clinical nutrition program.
· Plan, direct, and manage the flow of information and communication from other departments, patients, family and staff.
· Enforce patient rights and confidentiality.
· Write and implement Discharge Plans for patients.
· All Other Duties as Assigned