Do you have a vocational background in electronics or mechanical systems or want to get into a dynamic and consistently growing industry? If so, our Field Installation Technician position may be right for you. You will learn to install machinery into sites and initiate operation for customers in a wide range of facilities and functions. We look for a great customer focused attitude and the desire to learn. Our installation group is the beginning to a long career in the machining industry and we pride ourselves in developing our talented technicians for growth within. Installation Technicians travel to customer sites throughout North America extensively so you must be willing to travel 100% of the time Monday through Friday on a weekly basis.
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacture specifications by performing any needed test.
- Review, evaluate, and resolve machine problems at customer sites, or by phone, with limited supervision.
- Must assume responsibility and exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate, diagnose, and provide timely, appropriate responses and resolutions to customer problems.
- Provide adequate training to customers (and in some events other MC Machinery employees) with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to prepare written service reports and other necessary supportive documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Comfortable in front of small groups for demonstrating and training customers on newly installed machines.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to determine customer problems with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to interact with customers in a way so as to maintain customer confidence in MC Machinery and MC Machinery product.
- Must be able to travel at any time to various customer locations, which includes having or being able to obtain a passport.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma Required.
- Associate's degree in electronics or mechanical vocation or equivalent training preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of customer service.
- Positive attitude and drive to excel.
Job operates mainly indoors, but is exposed to changing weather conditions, such as extreme hot or cold, rain, sun, wind, etc. This job also works near moving mechanical parts and the noise level is moderate to loud. This position generally has a lot of driving and overtime work. Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver's license is required.
This job requires very frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, standing, speaking and hearing and frequent kneeling. Repetitive use of the hands, squeezing, keyboarding and crouching. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds, recurrent lifting of 11-20 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 21-50 or more pounds. Also requires constant pushing and pulling of 1-50 pounds and infrequent pushing and pulling of over 50 pounds with the aid of handcarts or other wheeled devices. Good visual and color acuity are a must to perform this type of job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.