Porter Hills – Home Health West
FLSA: Exempt, pay per visit
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Weekend and Holiday rotation required
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan with an employer match, Wellness Incentives, Education Reimbursement and Competitive Scholarship program, DailyPay
The Home Health RN Case Manager will assess patients, develop a plan in response to identified needs, and coordinate the appropriate services, all in collaboration with the physician and other health care professionals. Job responsibilities must occur in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our agency, and as may be directed by the Nursing Clinical Manager and the Executive Director to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
Provides services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, in accordance with the plan of treatment signed by the physician. Accepts only patients referred by the Intake Supervisor or designee.
Evaluates and regularly reevaluates the nursing needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements, and makes necessary revisions to the patient’s plan of care. Assesses the patient’s continual care needs. Addresses all issues or concerns regarding the plan of care and documents rationale for actions taken.
Initiates diagnostic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate to the patient’s care and safety. Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patient’s needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or other appropriate health professionals as often as needed
Teaches, supervises, and counsels the patient and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the patient’s condition. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
Coordinates the total plan of care and maintains continuity of patient care by conferencing with other health professionals assigned to the same patients. Attends patient care conferences. Initiates patient care conferences for complex and/or multidisciplinary patients whenever needed. Performs ongoing clinical record review for caseload ensuring that appropriate services are given and that documentation regarding the client is complete and meets agency requirements.
Ensures that appropriate communication regarding specific client needs occurs to ensure that compliance with the Plan of Care is always maintained.
Supervises and teaches the home health aide. Every 14 days assesses the patient’s need for unskilled care and revises the plan of care as appropriate. Communicates the plan of care changes to the home health aide and care team coordinator as often as needed.
Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness, and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation within 48 hours of visit; submits weekly work logs according to departmental guidelines.
Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the agency regarding service delivery, documentation and care coordination. During supervisory visits, exhibits full compliance and verbalizes knowledge of agency policies including but not limited to patient education, infection control, management of hazardous wastes, and age-specific behaviors for patients.
Participates in the agency’s quality improvement program.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with older adults, personnel, and support organizations
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and creativity, good judgment, and professional ethics.
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with Microsoft office.
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Must possess a degree in nursing; must be licensed to practice as a registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of nursing experience.
- Previous Home Health Case Management experience preferred
- Porter Hills is a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Participant Rights.
- Porter Hills provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.