As a Sr. QA Engineer, you must have experience working directly with clients as part of a cross-functional team. This position is responsible for executing software quality practices in a positive, challenging environment. It requires working under minimal guidance while working on enterprise-level projects.
Thinking ahead, seeing beyond, and building together
OST helps organizations reorient their focus on consumer needs. We align stakeholders around a unified vision crafted with data and real-world insights. Then we roll up our sleeves to accelerate their growth through technology and innovation.
OST has offices in Michigan and Minnesota with teammates sitting across the nation. Our customers include organizations ranging from startups to global Fortune 500 companies. With an employee-first culture driving our success for 25 years, OST has been recognized for excellence, including in Inc. Magazine’s 5,000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, in CRN’s Tech Elite 250, and as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.
What you'll accomplish:
Manage all QA activities related to assigned projects including:
- Developing and implementing the Test Plan and Test Strategy for projects
- Defining test scenarios and test cases
- Identifying milestones and checkpoints and setting measurable criteria to check the quality on a timely basis
- Reporting quality metrics to the project team and stakeholders
- Managing all testing activities including UAT and test defect management throughout the duration of the project
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of combined technical experience in software test design and execution, functional test automation development and execution, performance test automation development and execution, and/or software application development. Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) – Source Control & Load Testing, Microsoft C# .Net development language, Microsoft SQL Database Server (MSSQL), and Selenium automated functional testing would be beneficial.
- Software Quality and Testing Certification is a PLUS
- Demonstrated ability to apply standardized software quality processes
- Familiar with various testing methods and strategies
- Well-rounded, seasoned QA professional with experience in various technologies including web and mobile testing, hardware-related testing, web services testing, etc.
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Demonstrated analytical skills using various tools and data sources
- Demonstrated efficiency working on cross-functional teams of 8 or more team members including Project Manager, Business System Analysts, Application Developers, and System Administrators.
- Must be schedule and task-oriented and able to drive coordination and delivery of software quality by working within established project schedules and release cycles.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills focused on communication and documentation in order to provide feedback to team members that improve technical and testing designs and solutions, and software fault issue and resolution.
- Self-motivated and customer-focused with an understanding of highly available, demanding solutions.
You matter! Your experiences matter, your journey with OST matters, and your success matters. People drive all our achievements, and we know that taking care of each other takes care of everything else. This is why we strive to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within our company, the work we do, and our communities. We’ll surely face challenges along the way. And we’ll all continually learn from them to build a caring culture true to our guiding principles: honor, delight, serve, embrace, and learn.