This is a 6-month temporary position with the possibility to turn into a FT position.
The Operations Support Associate will serve as part of the Operations team and support the Professional Services Organization (PSO) and sales team. In addition, will provide general administrative and accounting support for the Operations team. While the key responsibilities are laid out below, the single most critical factor for success in this role will be the ability to work effectively as part of our team. This role is integrated into our financial and operational teams, so working as part of the larger team with changing priorities is critical.
Thinking ahead, seeing beyond, and building together
OST helps organizations reorient their focus on consumer needs. We align stakeholders around a unified vision crafted with data and real-world insights. Then we roll up our sleeves to accelerate their growth through technology and innovation.
OST has offices in Michigan and Minnesota with teammates sitting across the nation. Our customers include organizations ranging from startups to global Fortune 500 companies. With an employee-first culture driving our success for 25 years, OST has been recognized for excellence, including in Inc. Magazine’s 5,000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, in CRN’s Tech Elite 250, and as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.
What you'll accomplish:
- Ticket system inbox administration for the Services Operations Team
- Timesheet Management (Opening, Transferring Time and Closing)
- Provide a review of submitted expense reports for proper receipts, and adherence to policy
- Assist with creating and sending invoices for expenses and services for OST DE LLC
- Setting up projects and resources in PSA tool (Open Air) and leverage tool for invoicing, reporting and expenses as needed)
- Monitor projects that are ready to close in PSA Tool (Open Air) and send OST survey to customers
- Process all product orders by generate purchase orders and maintain order summaries
- Conduct all order tracking and communication for the sales team and clients
- Initiate, coordinate, and research all RMA/DOA requests from clients
- Monitor and verify renewal opportunity generation
- Publish weekly renewal opportunity status
- Create quotes for product renewals
- Provide estimates on open product orders along with shipping statuses
- Calculate rebates, vendor incentives, and promotional opportunities available to OST
- Calculated estimated backend on product deals over a certain threshold
- Managed Deal Registration with Microsoft and AWS
- Reconcile payments from vendors received through backend dollar payment reports.
- Calculate twice a month estimated backend on orders sold
- Assist as backup with posting accounts payable payments in financial system (NetSuite)
- Assist as backup with entering bills and posting customer payments in financial system (NetSuite)
- Assist with ad hoc sales operations projects as requested
- Acts as a helpful resource responding to the sales team and customers inquiries in a timely and accurate manner via phone and email
- Assist in the recommendation of process and system improvements
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma, associate’s degree in Accounting preferred
- At least three years of experience in Accounting
- Experience with accounting software required
- Strong Excel proficiency, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Exceptional organization, communication, and multi-tasking skills are required
- Desire to deliver superior customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Familiarity with a sales process or working within an IT organization a plus
- Self-motivated / self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment of change, challenge, and multiple deadlines and priorities
You matter! Your experiences matter, your journey with OST matters, and your success matters. People drive all our achievements, and we know that taking care of each other takes care of everything else. This is why we strive to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within our company, the work we do, and our communities. We’ll surely face challenges along the way. And we’ll all continually learn from them to build a caring culture true to our guiding principles: honor, delight, serve, embrace, and learn.