If you are interested in a long-term career with a well-established, growing organization consisting of a team of skilled and dedicated employees, you should consider an opportunity at Trans-Matic. We provide a full benefits package including medical/Rx, dental, vision, flex, life insurance, EAP, 401k with match, profit sharing program, vacation, tuition assistance, and much more.
Trans-Matic Manufacturing Company is an industry leader in deep drawn metal stampings, progressive die stampings and value added assembly solutions. We have 52 years of experience in deep drawn metal stamping with three locations providing solutions to customers here in the U.S. and around the world. We serve the automotive, lock hardware, compressor, appliance, fire prevention, medical, pharmaceutical and plumbing markets. Please check us out online at www.transmatic.com.
This person will work closely with Eyelet Tool and Die Makers to maintain high press efficiency and part quality.
This individual will maintain and manage various production functions including: recording of production, scrap removal and material handling as well as performing press and tool cleaning, press operating, and general housekeeping as needed while working in a family owned & operated, climate-controlled environment. This entry level position offers strong career advancement opportunities and is viewed as a potential path to obtaining a Journeyman’s Card as an Eyelet Tool & Die Maker. Based on performance, educational assistance can also be provided.
- Be able to properly identify tooling (nomenclature)
- Communicate production issues such as tooling problems to work team leaders or other personnel
- Maintain adherence to production/quality IATF16949 standards
- Organize and clean a variety of areas in the plant
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment such as: various press functions including the coolant, oil system, greasing/oil press & uncoiler, scrap removal, raw material handling, and clean up
- Clean and prepare presses for job setup
- Manage oil inventories and storage as well as maintain the oil recycling system
- Operate a forklift and overhead hoist (will provide training)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Possesses abilities in reading blueprints
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to minimally lift 75 lbs.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Is regarded as creative, a self-starter and adaptable
- Has good mechanical skills
- Possesses the ability to work to close tolerances