Porter Hills Village
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS
New Team Members
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Shift: 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Schedule will include every other weekend and holiday rotation
The Team Members of UMRC & Porter Hills provide a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love your career!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, *Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program, Uniform Allowance (for specific frontline Team Member positions), Discounted Team Member dining options on-site, FREE MEAL for Dining Services Team Members that work a 6 hour or more shift, annual increase, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Provide excellent food service for residents, taking menu orders and ensuring meals are delivered properly. Maintain cleanliness of dining areas. Ensure all dining areas are maintained according to Federal and State sanitation and food service guidelines.
- Serves meals in accordance with established procedures
- Assist with guest seating during dining hours
- Sets up meal trays, food carts, and dining room as instructed
- Assists cook in preparing meals as needed
- Delivers and remove food carts and trays
- Ensures that food storage areas are clean and properly arranged
- Cleans work tables, meat blocks, floors, etc. regularly
- Assists in food preparation and set up for special events
- Assists dishwashers as necessary
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with older adults, personnel, and support organizations
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at a minimum eighteen (18) years of age
NOTE: The rate of pay will be determined based on relevant employment experience. Your resume should adequately reflect all paid dining services experience.
- Prior experience in a Healthcare setting or Restaurant is preferred
- UMRC & Porter Hills are a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Participant Rights.
- UMRC & Porter Hills provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.