Network Support Specialist
Point Broadband Fiber Holding, LLC is looking a Tier 1 Network Support Specialist to join their team in Stanton, MI. This is a great opportunity for a fast learner with extraordinary customer service skills and a knack for technology. This position is responsible for assisting customers in addressing and resolving internet connectivity issues or concerns.
- Promote and comply with the Point Broadband Value System.
- Promote Point Broadband products and services over the telephone and to walk-in customers. Responsible for providing exceptional customer service.
- Respond to customer requests via telephone, email and chat communication channels
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer service outages and problems in an effective manner.
- Work with other team members to coordinate response to network disruptions, including gathering information by contacting customers
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints and other requests for information regarding Point Broadband services, billing, and payment arrangements.
- A successful employee in this position has the opportunity to obtain the position of Network Support Specialist II after meeting experience, knowledge and performance requirements.
- Responsible for responding to requests from Point Broadband customers for all services offered
- Responsible for opening, updating and closing trouble tickets to track customer requests and issues
- Responsible for troubleshooting customer issues and attempting to resolve them
- Responsible for escalating discovered outages or abnormal network conditions following established escalation chain
- Responsible for striving to provide first touch resolution
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service
- Responsible for meeting individual performance metrics designed to ensure exceptional customer service and support
- Responsible for performing other tasks as required to assist the company in carrying out its customer service mission, goals, and objectives, as circumstances may dictate. This includes the short-term assignment to a wide range of other job functions and responsibilities which may be needed in situations where the loss of service to the company’s customers is threatened or restoral of service is required.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-year college degree preferred in a related field. Experience supporting Internet, telephone and or cable TV services is a plus. Experience in a service-provider industry is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in written and verbal formats. Ability to effectively navigate recent Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office.
Shift may vary from time to time. Shift will include some evenings and weekend work. Some overtime may be required. Some shifts may occur on holidays.
This position requires work indoors. Work requiring lifting of up to 25lbs may also be necessary on occasion.