This position will drive continuous improvement of paper machine operations and efficient production within all areas of the E4 Paper Machine system. Role will also provide safety, quality, technical and operational support for the operation of the paper machine system; including, leadership and guidance to team members.
- To plan, direct and maintain efficient manufacturing operation of the E4 paper machine meeting safety, production and quality requirements.
- Provide leadership in safety excellence.
- Implement and lead paper machine area improvements by following Verso s Operational Excellence business model.
- Close R-Gap budget initiatives by focusing on the three circles of improvement: People, Technical, Process Systems.
- Convert the business plan to a daily operations plan.
- Provide technical expertise in daily operations.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance; establish priorities for repair work; schedule shutdowns to optimize maintenance repairs.
- Participate in Capital Projects planning and budgeting.
- Thorough understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology.
- In depth knowledge of plant operations, maintenance spending constraints, production commitments, costs, margins, capital projects, small projects and turnarounds.
- Ability to give encouragement, guidance, and direction to others to improve performance.
- Ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy.
- Ability to reach a conclusion using relevant information and data and to determine the best course of action in a timeframe that is consistent with business requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both union and management.
- Ability to motivate and direct those supervised, as well as the ability to develop organizational talent.
- Ability to utilize lean manufacturing statistical tools.
- Competency with standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, Proficy, PI, G3PTM, etc.