Home Daily - Local Route Drivers Average $65,000 annually
Our drivers hold the keys to our success! As a driver for Gordon Food Service you are important to everyone - our customers, our company and your family. It's one of our Cornerstone Values - and we know you need balance in life and to feel appreciated for the time spent here with us.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
-Our trucks are clean,safe, and well-cared for, just like we care for our drivers
- Schedulesthat allow you to behomeregularly
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained trucks
- Dedicated to your safety
- Stability -you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly. Food is always in season - and the Food Service industry is growing.
It's time for you to feel safe,valued, and respected.
Take a look at what it's like to be a local route delivery driver :
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer experiences
- Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-14 drops per day
- Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a two-wheeler
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are met
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and issues
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
-Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
-CDL temp permit minimum requirement at hiring
-CDL Class A required at hire or within 90 days of start date
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment with us effective January 6th, 2020. If you have not registered through the Clearinghouse, to register
-High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)