You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Customer Care Consultant at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Customer Care Consultant, you'll be responsible for supporting and promoting the customer relationship with Herman Miller's network of dealers and direct contract business activities from order specification through delivery of Herman Miller products, processes, and technology. You will provide extensive service and support to Herman Miller's Distribution Network and primary functional areas. You'll also develop and maintain excellent working relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Assist with coaching, training, and mentoring new and existing team members, both formally and informally.
- Collect, maintain,and analyzedata on accounts for use in improving and enriching the customer relationship in collaboration with Herman Miller's Sales organization, dealer network, and business segments.
- Conduct Customer Care training initiatives with assigned customers on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain a personal rapport with customers, dealers, and agencies to increase future sales and brand loyalty.
- Develop and promote a valued relationship with Herman Miller's network of dealers as assigned. You'll also support and maintain an understanding of all the customers' business needs in alignment with corporate capabilities and goals.
- Maintain accurate records of daily communications, ongoing issues, and resolutions taken. You will be responsible for generating and maintaining proper documentation while complying with ISO work instructions and departmental standards.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Support and actively participate in achieving team goals and individual performance planning.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Business orSocial Sciences, or equivalent years of experience.
- One to three fiveof experience in a customer service professional, sales, or direct commercial customer contact position involving extensive multimedia (phone, email, web-based) contact. Manufacturing or service industry experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of products, processes, services, and technologies to support customer needs and project requirements. Herman Miller knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent account, workload, and time management skills and the ability to work additional hours, including weekends and travel as needed.
- Demonstrated experience working with Herman Miller business systems and technology, with the ability to quickly adapt to new software.
- Established communication skills, includingprofessional verbal and written, negotiation, listening, empathy, conflict resolution, and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to create, negotiate,and implementalternative solutions to requests or problems.
- The ability to positively adapt to and embrace change as demonstrated through learning and applying new skills, procedures, or policies and integrating them effectively with existing knowledge and practices.
- The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships in a demanding work environment.
- Prior participation experience on continuous improvement teams/projects and with piloting new technology, practices, or business enhancements.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use theoffice automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Milleroffice environment.
- The ability to perform all essential jobfunctions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.