Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is an engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. With a facility in the Grand Rapids area, our primary focus is on a newly developed robotic vehicle program. Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
Gen3 is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging work-space.
We really appreciate you taking the time to consider us in your job search. To complete your application, we would like you to spend 5 to 8 minutes telling us more about yourself using the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment. Once you complete this required step, we will gladly review your complete application.
Go to assessment: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/QwLxK
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Monday - Thursday 5am -3pm
- 80 hours PTO after 90 days
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment – Jeans everyday
- Brand new facility - temperature controlled
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe footwear allowance of $120 annually
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment
- Closed with holiday pay the week of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New Year
The Material Handler is responsible to receive incoming material from vendors into inventory and move/transact materials both raw and finished goods into and out of the warehouse in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with inventory control functions such as cycle counting and physical inventories when necessary.
- Perform receiving and shipping functions per procedure using the inventory control system
- Load and unload freight
- Perform necessary transactional functions related to inventory receipts, issues, sub inventory movement and shipments
- Perform general area housekeeping
- Assist team members in the attainment of team goals by substituting and assisting in areas wherever needed
- Conduct continuous improvement projects as needed
- Conduct physical inventories as scheduled
- Monitor and improve the following measurements: 99% minimum inventory record accuracy, all transactions performed per established procedure on an accurate and timely basis as periodically set by the supervisor, response time for internal and external customers, and shipping related performance (impact on customer).
- Perform other miscellaneous duties assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Moderate to heavy physical lifting, up to 50lbs.
- Ability to maneuver in or around equipment.
- Ability to move about for at least 10 hours a shift.
- Ability to obtain a Forklift operator’s license.
- Some positions require frequent to repetitive bending, reaching, squatting, or otherwise positioning body to load and unload materials from racks, skids, and carts of varying heights.
- Basic computer skills to verify inventory within an ERP system and WMS system
- Must have a valid Driver’s License or approved vehicle operator’s license in order to drive company vehicles.
Education and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in material handling
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; repetitive movements; and hazardous materials (e.g., flammable, toxic or corrosive chemicals). Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment as needed to protect against identified hazards and promote a safe work environment. Manufacturing work environments require constant attentiveness and obedience with safety best practices, policies, and procedures.