Position Summary: The Sourcing Manager is responsible for the research, discovery, execution of creative solutions for product manufacturing and creative/strategic procurement. Having a keen understanding of the relationship between quality/aesthetic needs of the market, manufacturing capabilities, and margin goals for the organization, the Sourcing Manager is a strategic thinker, problem solver, and relationship builder—they are part of key strategic conversations within the Marketing, Creative, and Operations department to solidify proper expectations and needs of the internal and external client. The Sourcing Manager can forecast market viability, volatility, and opportunity knowing how to negotiate and manage lead times, quality control, and inventory estimations per brand.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a passion and love for creative consumer packaged goods – anything from dinnerware and linens, to scented candles, greeting cards, and stationery/paper products.
- Identify, communicate, and work with overseas suppliers.
- Review and negotiate contracts, pricing, and official orders with vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing, and Sales Leaders to identify new business opportunities via product development.
- Create a multitude of strategic relationships between suppliers, ensuring we have options for different products, categories, with varying price options, and MOQ requirements.
- Understand and manage the COGS per product category per Brand.
- Create, implement, and maintain processes, policies, and guidelines with Creative, Product Development, and Operations to house raw material information, pricing, ERP system rules, etc.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category mgmt. strategies.
- Ability to “jump-in” and get your hands dirty to solve problems with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Reduce overall supply risk through contingency planning and understanding supplier capabilities, disaster preparedness, and financial health of each brand in the organization.
- Be a key player in the entire product development process—from ideation to procurement.
- Drive continuous process improvements to procurement processes.
- Run analytics of replenishment and forecast needs to supply chain based on sales viability.
- Manage company’s supplier and vendor portfolio ensuring transparency of capabilities, spending, and contacts.
Global & National Sourcing Process
- Negotiate costs and set strategies related to vendor and supplier assessments, terms, and conditions to ensure products ordered have a timely delivery with the best quality and value.
- Build strong relationships with various suppliers within unique countries around the world.
- Collaborate on continuous improvement of Request for Quote (RFQ) documents.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative in category and product line plans for strategic direction of overall product development.
- Have a strategic and innovative resource in sourcing fixture solutions to maximize functionality of foot traffic, space, and overall brand aesthetic per brand.
- Review and negotiate contracts, pricing with suppliers and vendors.
- Build a system of autonomy allowing for other team members to work more intentionally on the product development process.
Quality Control & Continuous Improvement
- Document, create, and maintain quality standards for each consumer goods brand under the Convivial Brands umbrella.
- Create a process of quick quality approvals to ensure proper continuation of product development process.
- Create and maintain internal processes that allow for efficient and effective product upload to suppliers. Minimizing errors and maximizing time efficiency.
- Be an advocate of decreasing expenditures while maintaining quality and effectiveness.
- Support continuous improvement (CI) activities across the entire supply chain – from ideation to receipt.
- Collaborate with Leaders of Marketing and Creative to create market-competitive and business driving prices per product category.
- Create a database that houses the pricing windows (increases or decreases) based on specific treatments, factories, tariffs, freight, and location of manufacturing so Creative and Marketing will know how each design effects the overall price and margin.
- Track, forecast, and manage changing global market conditions, including political and geo-political environments.
- Collaborate with Marketing Leaders in establishing and adjusting Margin Rules.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities at this time.