Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
What sets us apart?
A generous 401(k) matching program that is above industry standards
Financial Rewards for Performance
Low-cost Benefit options for your family, health, and future
A Culture of Integrity and Respect
As a Regional Product Merchandising Specialist you will be responsible for executing regional merchandising activities that support goals for the assigned Grocery/Bakery category of products. Collaborates and communicates with key stakeholders on the NA merchandising teams, marketing teams, sales teams and with vendors to execute strategies to achieve sales, margin, and brand goals. Executes implementation of go-to market activities to support sales and marketing strategies.
How you will make an impact on the business...
Communication & Relationship Building
- Communicates effectively with merchandising and marketing counterparts on issues pertinent to business success, including the Division key performance indicators and category management impact on performance indicators.
- Builds an effective feedback loop with regional merchandising and division marketing and sales teams related to unique market differences.
- Builds and leverages effective and collaborative relationships within sales and marketing teams by communicating regularly and by conducting ride-alongs with front-line sales and marketing employees
Support Sales & Marketing
- Provide actionable product & vendor related communication that is timely and relevant - New Items, Discontinuations, Item Changes, Supply issues/shortages
- Provide strategic vendor & industry insights
- Understand and be responsive to division-specific sales needs related to assigned category
- Ensures category-specific regional/divisional needs are represented as an input into NA Category Management strategy development
- Provides relevant product category specific information to divisional CDS and Marketing team via phone and email, as needed.
- Develops and communicates relevant product and vendor information to the divisional sales and marketing teams, in support of assigned category strategies and initiatives.
- Provides regular communication to divisional sales and marketing teams regarding product issues, and price changes.
- Provides problem analysis and resolution to customer and CDS on product related concerns.
- Assists Merchandising Manager in the collection and analysis of division-specific product/vendor needs for Competitive Market Reviews (CMR's).
- Assists Merchandising Manager with all slot management activities to ensure all divisions work within their designated slot allocation.
- Supports Merchandising Manager in all aspects of regional category management strategies, key initiatives, and product life-cycle management process from initial sourcing, new item setup, market introduction and discontinuation/deletion of regional items
- Provides insights, analytics and recommendations in the development of strategies. Provides insight to achieve volume and margin targets for assigned category, in support of segmented customer and brand marketing plans.
- Responsible to ensure implementation of appropriate cost for price/national cost for each division in coordination with the NA Category teams and NA Revenue Management team
- Optimize margin while ensuring a competitive cost for price/national cost to the street for assigned category of products at each division
Supply Chain Support
- Support resolution of supply chain disruptions caused by vendor shortages, industry issues, etc.
- Support removal of aging inventory and liquidation
Perpetual Learning & Growth
- Develops and maintains a high level of industry and product expertise to be the primary source of knowledge for assigned categories.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars, training, supplier visits, etc. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Leverages internal and external category data and customer insights to inform decision-making.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Leading candidates will have the following...
At least 3 years of product / category knowledge or previous marketing experience preferred as typically obtained through a bachelor's prepared education or or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or a related field preferred.
- Working knowledge ofGoogle Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Sites, Drive, Docs, Groups)
- Travel of 15%-25% (Will vary based on divisional needs by product category).