*Competitive Compensation Program*
Offering Day and Night Shifts:
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Day Shift or
7:00 pm to 7:00 am Night Shift
West Michigan Compounding (WMC) is a custom compounder and recycler of Thermoplastic resins. We provide our customers with innovative ways to reduce their overall plastic raw material costs. We uphold the highest quality standards that help us maintain the best service possible for customers.
Sets up, operates, and tends machines that extrude and form continuous filaments from synthetic materials, such as liquid polymer, rayon, and fiberglass. Transfers material to and from the department.
- Moves controls to activate and adjust extruder.
- Presses buttons to stop machines when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Observes machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect malfunctions such as clogged pelletizer and pipes.
- Records details of machine malfunctions.
- Notifies other workers of defects and directs them to adjust extruder.
- Removes excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools. Removes polymer deposits from equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Observes flow of finish across finish rollers, and turn valves to adjust flow to specifications.
- Performs quality check on all skids to be used for finished product. Assembles new boxes on top of skids and places at the end of the production line.
- Operates forklift to move pallets throughout the production floor.
- Completes hourly read sheets and records test results.
- Cleans and maintains extruder.
- Maintains clean work area. Puts away product when complete. Sweeps excess product off work floor.
- Safety Requirements: Understand and follow all WMC Health & Safety Practices. Report all injuries and unsafe work conditions. Attend mandatory safety training and request additional training as needed.
- Lift 50 pounds.
This is a full-time position with a rotating schedule. Week 1 is a 32-hour workweek of Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Week 2 is a 48-hour workweek of Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. 80 hours per 2 week pay period * Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance