We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing shift staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Clinical care Coordinator to ensure that the highest degree of quality of care is maintained at all times.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN program.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in this state
- Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements and Working Conditions
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters.
- Must be able to see, hear and smell or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting. Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and be able to push, pull, move and or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents in emergency situations.
- Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
- Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
- Must possess the above ability with or without the use of prosthetics that will enable adequate functionality so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Subject to exposure to noise, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including TB, HIV, HEP B viruses. May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile individuals within the community. Must possess the ability to deal tactfullywithpersonnel,residents,familymembers,visitors,governmentagencies/personnelandthegeneralpublic.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this community, which include a medical and physical examination.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and other positions temporarily when necessary and may be subject to call back during emergency conditions. May be required to work on shifts other then those which originally hired.