Position: 0-5 Head Start Janitor (substitute/on-call)
Work Weeks: varies Hours: 8-10/wk
Supervisor: Teacher/LITE Positions Supervised: None
Essential Function of the Job
Provides routine maintenance and custodial services to the 0-5 Head Start center.
Examples of Work
(Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks with may be found in the positions of this class.)
- Cleans the 0-5 Head Start center, including sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, window washing and rest room maintenance.
- Follows the schedule established for janitorial work by the center Teacher/LITE.
Requirements of Work
- Dependability and Punctuality.
- Ability to use cleaning utensils.
- Capability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- An initial health examination (that includes screening for tuberculosis) and a periodic re-examination (as recommended by health care provider or as mandated by State or local laws).
- A satisfactory review of a Criminal History Check and DHHS Clearance.
Desirable Minimum Training and Experience
- Previous janitorial experience.