ConAgra Brands (Vlasic) located in Imlay City, Michigan, is seeking a Sanitation Worker. The Sanitation Worker plays a key role in quality assurance by maintaining high standards of cleanliness that meet industry standards. Sanitation duties are performed on the midnight shift. The position provides full time hours normally 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Weekend overtime required as scheduled. The hourly rate is $15.71/hour plus 3rd shift premium of $0.40/hr. along with eleven paid holidays, 401(k) with match and full benefit package.
This positionis physically demanding requiring routine lifting, bending, climbing and walking. High pressure hoses are utilized to clean industrial equipment, walls, ceilings, etc. Sanitation workers will be exposed to wet working conditions.
- Cleaning/sanitizing production equipment, machines, and work areas in food processing facility
- Responsible for handling and preparing cleaning chemicals, preparing sanitizers, preparing chemical concentrations, handling and storing the chemicals
- Significant strength is required for many cleaning operations. Sanitation Workers must be able to control high-pressure hoses (e.g. 250 psi is common), lift heavy containers of chemicals, and empty trash receptacles around production
- Work alone or with a team, but collaborate extensively with other staff to ensure that food safety and work space cleanliness achieved
- Ability to learn and follow cleaning procedures, disassembly/reassembly of equipment as required
- Ability to work safely and participate in training specific to safe chemical handling procedures
- Must ensure actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
- Display good work ethic, resourcefulness, and organization
- Understand the Standard Operating Procedures and Inspection Regulations
- Ability to complete and maintain all paperwork in a neat an orderly fashion
- Must have reliable/consistent attendance and attention to duties
- Must be available to work weekend overtime as required
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, push/pull, walk, and reach constantly during each shift
- Ability to wear required PPE
- Ability to lift 30 - 50 lbs. Consistently
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55lbs as required (75 - 90lbs occasionally with a team member)
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.