SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking for a entry level shipping team member responsible to pick, pack, and ship customer orders and/or pack, label, and inspect hardware & related kits. Operators will follow work instructions and job orders, working closely with experienced team members to understand and apply SoundOff core values in everyday tasks. Operators work quickly and accurately to meet assembly, stocking, packing, or other department needs. Requires excellence in workmanship through fast paced, task-oriented activities. Duties include assembly, packaging, verification, and shipping activities. Loading of trucks and various material handling functions using fork truck and/or pallet jack may be expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Pick, pack, and ship SoundOff customer orders.
- Follows customer specific shipping instructions.
- Assemble, label, and package various products and kits.
- Perform simple packaging & shipping functions independently.
- Complete all tasks with a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Proficient at operating department equipment.
- Ability to utilize ConnectShip software, if assigned.
- Identifies and/or creates needed labels and documents for products or shipments based on job order, shipper, or other documents, as required.
- May create shipping documents in Made2Manage (M2M), MRP/ERP system. May send Advance Shipping Notices (ASN's).
- Able to flex hours early or late, on short notice, to meet deadlines and/or customer requirements.
- May share accountability for scheduling incoming work assignments.
- Cycle count inventory accurately.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Awareness of packaging, shipping, and labeling requirements for parcel and LTL shipments.
- Maintains quick pace with quality focus in all activities.
- Proficient computer skills, familiarity with MS Windows products.
- Able to independently follow verbal and written instructions efficiently.
- Mechanical aptitude using department equipment including auto bagger, printers, computers, tapers, and more.
- Organized, Detailed, Deadline-Oriented, Dependable, Persistent, Independent.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Able to independently lift up to 40 lbs. regularly, and 75+lbs. with assistance, occasionally.
- Able to stand and sit for various length of time.
- Able to bend/twist and reach.
- Visual capabilities to see small parts and small print with or without corrective lenses.
- Able to differentiate between colors and patterns.
- Willing and able to obtain a forklift license.
To Apply: Please apply on our company website https://soundoffsignal.com/about-us/careers/
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.