Master Scheduler- OEM
SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking to add to our Supply Chain Team!
The Master Scheduler is the key individual responsible for managing customer demand information, communication and requirements. The ideal candidate would be able to analyze customer demand and when the manufacturing strategy calls for it, creates a production schedule for the manufacturing team. The ideal candidate would also works closely with the customer and manufacturing to ensure that customer demand is met 100% on time. The Master Scheduler understands all customer supply chain activities to support and deliver requirements to exceed their expectation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate SoundOff Signal's core values of (Build Trust, Customer Service, Living Excellence, Entrepreneurial) in the daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Communicate critical materials issues to Supply Chain Director and other appropriate functional leaders for OEM.
- Communicate and address resource constraints.
- Participate in projects that influence the direction of manufacturing.
- Leads planning team to insure material requirements are scheduled and fulfilled.
Physical Part Management:
- Finished Good Cycle Counting and Kanban replenishment reviews.
Information Management Responsibilities:
- Customer Demand Review/variance tracking.
- Customer release maintenance.
- Customer parameter review/maintenance.
- Customer liaison/system expert.
- Planning accuracy to drive material requirements.
- New customer part number set up.
- Coordinates all necessary processes with production, quality, engineering, and finance.
- Customer Delivery Performance.
- Customer Delivery Rating Performance-System.
- Premium Freight Recovery
- Customer Production Downtime/Missed Cars
- Cycle Count Variance
- Inventory DOH Tracking
Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills-Windows Office Suite.
- Made2Manage Software.
- Company Policies and ISO Procedures as trained.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work successfully with other across all levels of the organization.
- OSHA right-to know.
- ESD Procedures.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Supply Chain Management and 5 years practical experience at an automotive manufacturer in Materials Management/Scheduling.
- Multiple automotive OEM scheduling experiences.
- Including Ford, GM, and OEM service.
Desirable Educational and Work Experience:
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification.
- Automotive or JIT broadcast environment experience.
- Applied Lean Manufacturing techniques including value stream mapping, leveling demand, Kanban calculations and techniques.
- Experience with Supply Chain Visibility tools.
- Applied Logistics routing solutions including milk runs, consolidation, and running ratios.
Desirable Interpersonal Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to accurately communicate with co-workers and management, as well as external customers.
Required Technical Skills:
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action.
To Apply:Please apply on our company website
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.