Provides direction to other health care professionals and ancillary staff. Evaluates care for specific patient populations, using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Assists nursing personnel and collaborates with health care professionals according to diagnosis and patient care needs.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate nursing care provided to patients.
- Consistently demonstrates an ability to effectively utilize the prescribed nursing process.
- Collaborate with others using the nursing process to achieve discharge goals based on assessed patient needs.
- Maintain a commitment to professional growth and development by participation in mandatory annual in-services, certification, Lakeland Regional Health System committees, and educational programs for improvement of self to maintain competency. Maintain a commitment to the achievement of quality health care services by maintaining patient rights, safety, privacy, confidentiality, and the "customer relations" philosophy.
- Participate in the economical utilization of supplies, equipment, and resources.
- Establish and maintain open and positive communications in all aspects of job performance.
- Execute professional nursing judgment in delivery of quality patient care.
- Maintain the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of Lakeland Regional Health System and the nursing department with high quality and in a timely manner.