Office Supervisor II
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise full-time and temporary support staff, which includes coordinating schedules of support staff to provide effective customer service, office and phone coverage
- Develop, implement, and update Spartan Fund policies and procedures
- Generate regular pledge reminders and invoices
- Execute and assign tasks for all aspects of athletic gift and pledge transactions, serving as liaison with University Advancement and MSU Athletics, to ensure accurate recording onto donor records
- Manage processing of all gifts and pledges via mail, credit card, online, stock/wire transfer, and matching gifts
- Follow up with customers on any declined credit cards (every time payment declines) in Process Scheduled Payments function
- Reviews and corrects all types of pledges and receipts not balanced (monthly)
- Manage all aspects of internal database and develop proper procedures and mechanisms to ensure timely and accurate input of data
- Develop and coordinate mechanisms to successfully transfer information to and from related external systems
- Ensure data integrity to establish new and update accounts including biographic information, missing fields, priority points, memberships, late payments and life insurance policies.
- Execute and deliver reports and lists for all functions, including mailing lists
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to development officers of donors who are on-schedule or delinquent with pledges
- Gather and organize reports from various units related to single game ticket buyers, apparel shop and auctions.
- Create strategies for identifying new prospects and keep current prospect ratings and staff assignments accurate
- Utilize current services and tools, collaborating with University Advancement prospect development to perform prospect research duties including qualification, rating, profile research to confirm biographical, employment, home values, and philanthropic interests.
- Deliver five new prospects, with accompanying briefing report, to each development officer every month
- Provide premier customer service to annual fund donors
- Other duties as assigned
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired in the first two or three years in college, technical, vocational or business school with coursework in office management and business; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in office management, budget preparation, financial and administrative record-keeping and secretarial skills; experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, and/or web page design or presentation software; or in performing responsibilities related to the operational activities of the employing unit; and may require one to three years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Bidding eligibility ends on 1/26/2021, at 11:55 PM