Truck Driver - Class A (Local Routes, M-F) Home weekends!
Natural Choice Foods is pleased to offer our truck drivers a Sign-On Bonus of $2,500!
CDL- A Truck Drivers - Are you looking for a career that will allow you to have a healthy work/life balance? Join our team at Natural Choice Foods, a family-owned company servicing wholesale and retail stores throughout the Midwest. We have leased, late model equipment with low mileage!
In this role, you will make daily deliveries to our five Daily Deals Food Outlet locations, located in the greater Grand Rapids and lakeshore area. Available to work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday with occasional coverage Wednesday or Thursday).
Why join Natural Choice Foods?
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Natural Choice Foods. Come be part of a company that is growing and expanding into new lines of business. You will be joining a culture focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
Our new facility in Marne, Michigan features a variety of work environments to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration.
We are home to dynamic and hardworking employees dedicated to quality, communication, collaboration, and integrity.
We take care of our team and their families. We offer competitive pay including an incentive program and generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K match, paid time off and holidays, employee discounts, and life insurance.
We nurture professional growth and development and have coaching and mentoring programs that allow our employees to thrive professionally and personally.
We are proud to celebrate successes and give back to the community that supports us!
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then we would want to hear from you! Apply now!
Natural Choice Foods is a full-service, solutions-oriented buyer of closeout and overstock inventory with over 20 years in the food industry. As a solution to inventory and overstock dilemmas, we turn overstock into opportunity! We have a broad reach of customers in the secondary markets – discount stores, food service outlets, and correctional facilities – across a wide geography. Natural Choice Foods is firmly committed to food safety and traceability.
Natural Choice Foods Values:
- Customer Focused
- Act with a Sense of Urgency
- Quality Focused
- Collaboration & Teamwork
We believe in taking care of our team and your family. In addition to providing competitive pay, NCF offers generous employee benefits that help to support your health and financial well-being. Below is a list of some of the benefits offered:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage available on your first day of employment
- Life insurance
- 401(k) available at 6 months, including a company match
- Short-term pay incentive plan
- Paid holidays
- 15% employee discount at Daily Deals Food Outlets
- Weekly pay
- Transport and deliver freight over the road in a safe, efficient, timely, and legal manner.
- Hook and unhook trailers; secure freight; install and remove tire chains as required by the weather.
- Load and unload assist, perform lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying freight. Equipped with a powered pallet jack.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects/repairs to Company personnel.
- Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License, with Manuel endorsement
- One year previous tractor/trailer driving experience (unless applying as a Student Driver)
- 10 years of previous work experience
- Knowledge of all applicable DOT Regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Meet all standards (medical, safety, etc.) required by the DOT and pass required drug/alcohol testing
- Acceptable background investigation results
- Able to squat, crouch, and reach as needed to handle freight, able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab numerous times each day
- Able to push and pull freight at a self-selected height with a force of 150 pounds.
- Able to access and manually release fifth wheel lever and tandem pins which requires horizontal pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 44 inches and pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 38 inches.
- Able to occasionally carry or move freight weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions – both heat and cold.
PLEASE NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and the Company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed as circumstances change.