Are you ready to kickstart your cybersecurity career? Are you analytical and a problem solver by nature? Do you value working in a positive culture where you action big ideas? Are you excited to work in a collaborative security operations environment?
If you answered YES, you might be just the person we are looking for.
We are CyberForce|Q and we protect the cyber realm as a collective force for good. For over 25 years we have provided innovative cybersecurity solutions to our clients. Our TEAM is growing, and we are looking for an aspiring cybersecurity professional to join us!
What You’ll Do
- Actively respond to real-world cyber-attacks.
- Triage incoming tickets to the SOC.
- Work with best-of-breed vendor technologies.
- Work with SIEM & SOAR platforms.
- Interact regularly with business owners, CISO's, and vendors as needed to see tickets through resolution.
- Collaborate with other IT security professionals to provide exceptional support and problem resolution as a member of our SOC.
- Participate in team initiatives.
- Our SOC operates 24x7x365.
- Part-time team members must work a minimum of 24 hours a week.
- We will find out your scheduling restrictions (i.e. class schedules, professional groups and other obligations) and the schedule will be built around your availability and the team's needs for coverage.
- Shifts do not rotate and do not change weekly.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions team members are temporarily working remote, with some exceptions.
- You must live within a reasonable distance to travel to our Plymouth, MI Headquarters.
- Candidates applying from out of state will not be considered for this role.
What You Bring to the TEAM
- Ability to easily and effectively communicate technical information, written or verbally.
- Desire to work as a part of a highly interactive team; regularly communicating with other team members and clients.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete projects on time.
- Ability to differentiate between a significant event, a true positive, and a false positive.
- Understanding of OSI model and ability to apply to troubleshooting issues.
- Knowledge of networking, packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, and firewalls.
- Modem, router, reliable internet and dedicated workspace at home to support remote work.
Things We Love to See But Aren't Requirements
- Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, PowerShell, or an equivalent language.
- Studying for or achieved certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCENT, or Certified HIPAA Security Professional (CHSP)
- Technical help desk, technical troubleshooting, or information security role experience.
- Pursuing or completed Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security, Cyber Defense, Cybersecurity or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Splunk or Qradar knowledge/experience.
Why Join Us
- Make a Difference. Work in a flourishing industry where the work we do helps people.
- Upgrade Your Skills. As a member of our security operations, you’ll gain exposure to many networks and tools as well industry professionals inside and outside of CFQ.
- Opportunity for Promotion. Join our team in an entry level role and work towards cybersecurity analyst skills! Team members that excel in this role may be eligible to join our team full-time. You are in the driver's seat of your own career development!
- Get School Credit: This role can fulfill internship requirements. Please contact your college or university directly to determine if our role can satisfy your internship requirement.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings