RAM Construction Services is excited to offer an opportunity to serve as an Administrative Assistant that directly supports our Department of Transportation Team. You will be providing impactful and meaningful work that keeps our team moving. You will need to have an established and proven background in providing excellent customer service, ability to manage multiple tasks with differing and competing deadlines. Possess a great attitude; working in the construction industry is a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Type letters, proposals and subcontracts. Tracking when recurring reports are due.
- Execute contract/purchase orders
- Order and review insurance requirements for projects
- Complete AIA monthly billings
- Order bid documents (drawings, specifications)
- Review bid documents
- Order bid bond/payments performance bonds if required
- Complete bid form
- Set-up and maintain project files (spec sheets, insurance, etc.)
- Answer the phone, filing, sorting mail & overnight mail, complete expense reports, schedule and provide travel arrangements, schedule meetings.
- Construction data entry
- Support of the field employees- as need basis
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experienced working in transportation environment
- Experienced in public sector work is a plus
- Experience applying office administrative business practices and principles
- Ability to compile, coordinate and prepare reports & billings (knowledge of AIA monthly billings is a plus)
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues appropriately
- Ability to communicate effectively and orally.
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in the use of computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office (word, excel) & Digital Signature Tools
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- This position requires a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience
This position requires a minimum education level of High School Diploma or equivalent
No traveling involved.
The employee will be subject to an indoor office setting surrounded by fellow employees.