We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, rehabilitation hospital with 167 inpatient beds - 119 acute and 48 sub-acute. There are numerous outpatient programs as well as home and community services. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
This is a temporary position for 6-12 months. Performs secretarial and project coordination duties for the department.
The c2health program is a business model for self-insured companies that provides care navigation services to ease access to health care through a single-point concierge service. Goals include fast and efficient access to care by the most appropriate provider and setting, single and personalized service for the insured, promoting awareness of cost and provider options, lower episodic costs, motivate members toward wellness and well-being, support best possible outcomes, and maintain high user satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Performs general clerical responsibilities.
- Answers phones, greets visitors, and takes messages
- Receives, opens, and distributes mail
- Schedules appointments for Health & Navigation team, sends email reminders, manage no-shows and set up virtual navigation appointments
- Interfaces with MFB's Marketing team and assists with promoting the work and activities of the department
- Maintains administrative records and files as required.
- Assist in gathering data for Performance Evaluations.
- Acts as a project coordinator for projects assigned by up line
- Provides data entry, tracking and reports
- Ordering supplies, inventory control and invoice reconciliation/payment
- Maintain department's SharePoint sites on Inside MFB and Website
- Manages Senior Staff Calendars as requested
- Manage office Environment
- Manages Wellness reimbursement
- Type's correspondence and minutes of meetings and other materials as requested.
- Types and sends out announcements of meetings, as well as meeting materials.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties
- Attends meetings as directed
- Assist with sign-off of Department time-cards
- Copies, faxes, and files documents as required
- Plan and execute department meetings and events, including coordination of invitations, food, room set up, conference/video calls, and technology needs
- Coordinate and monitor monthly spending against department budgets
- Creates and submits expense reports for senior staff as requested
- Order office supplies and track spending against budget
- Update and maintain department policies and safety data sheets
- Coordinate internal marketing plan
- Create internal marketing materials
- Develop PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain office resource manual
- Wellness Team Support; agenda, minutes, meeting coordination, activities coordination.
- Provide back up for various other roles within the department
- Assists patients, employees, or visitors with problems, takes appropriate action, if possible, or refers individuals or messages to the appropriate personnel.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to type 50 words per minute, take accurate minutes of meetings and operate a transcriber.
- Competent language and grammar skills with the ability to compose, edit, and proof business letters.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft software, including SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in an administrative/secretarial position.
- Customer-focused and motivated to help and train others.
- Well-organized and able to work cooperatively with others throughout the company.
- The ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- The competence to make independent decisions as well as preserve the confidentiality of special matters.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
- Business school or some college education.