You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Advanced CAD Specialistat Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an Advanced CAD Specialist, you'll pioneer, develop, and mentor the use of advanced solid modeling CAD and PDM technologies across all Herman Miller and subsidiary engineering teams. You will improve current engineering tool usage through testing and exploration while working with CAD Analysts, Designers, and Engineers. You'll support Product Development by working with Engineers on specific piece part and assembly design through the use of advanced solid modeling CAD and PDM technologies within a project team environment.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Communicatewith Engineers and Managers on assigned project and exploration teams.
- Coordinateall CAD-related deliverables on major scope design and development initiatives.
- Driveprocesses to new paradigms.
- Ownand designparts/assembles on assigned projects
- Mentorothers by teaching CAD andPDM knowledge and skills
- Participatein internal and external CAD User Groups.
- Problem-solveand pioneernext level CAD and engineering tools, processes, functionality, and techniques.
- Provideadvanced management of all Master Model and Top Down Design aspects of assigned projects.
- Providecomplete support and pioneers additional functionality for current CAD tools, including HermanMillerWindchill.
- Researchand maintainknowledge of emerging technologies and how they may optimize current business practices.
- Setan example for others with your attitude and the high standard in the quantity and quality of your work.
- Workto improve your technical and organizational skills through continuing educational, training, and learning.
- Managelarge and/or new paradigm CAD projects.
- Drivenew strategic CAD initiatives with an emphasis on either Solid/Surface and Programmatic modeling.
- CreateEngineering Specification CAD Models and Drawings per Herman Miller and industry standards.
- Developand presentnext generation Engineering Specification standards and guidelines.
- Developand sharenext generation Creo Parametric techniques and processes.
- Createcomplex assemblies using advanced techniques to layout multiple variations of component and product layout interfaces to support assigned projects.
- Proactively develop, drive, and contributeto new processes and techniques.
- Provide complete support of Source Tree PDM activities for maintaining Smart Assembly Code.
- Coordinateand contributeto all CAD related deliverables on major scope Design & Development initiatives.
- Communicatefrequently and effectively with all internal and external business partners using verbal and written tools and technology tools.
- Workeffectively and seamlessly with all external engineering partners.
- Contributeto new processes and techniques whiledriving processes to new paradigms.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degreein Applied Arts (preferred), or equivalent education and professional experience.
- Eight years of professional CAD experience.
- Four years of experience leading CAD on large projects as a member of cross-functional teams.
- A record of successfully implementing new processes and technologies within the design and development environment.
- Expert capabilities in all aspects of Creo/Parametric, Windchill, and Creo/View.
- Advanced technical knowledge and conceptual understanding of the current CAD systems used within the functional area.
- The ability to work diligently witha high attention to detail.
- An openness to new ideas and technologies that enable drafters to work and communicate in new ways.
- The ability to work in a team environment, supporting overall goals through active participation while valuing the unique skills and contributions of other team members.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude in addressing concerns.
- The ability to be aself-starter who sees what needs to be accomplished and takes responsibility for timely completion of tasks and assignments.
- Theability to work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of internal and external business partners.
- Organizational and time management skills,self-motivation,and the ability to work independently.
- A willingness to take ownership of projects and issuesand drive tasks through to completion.
- The ability to understand the corporation's values, goals, and objectives.
- Financialliteracy, good business acumen, and aprofit conscious mind set.
- The ability to travel as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Anexpert capability to function in Creo Parametric, includingall non-seating component parts, assemblyand product models, instances, and drawings.
- An expert ability to function in Creo Parametric and Creo Direct Surfacing to support seating.
- An expert ability to create and modify Class A surfaces.
- An expert ability in Herman MillerProProgram to manipulate sub or product assemblies.
- An expert ability to modify ProProgram components and all associated databases for work surface or tile maintenance or part creation.
- Anexpert ability to build product applications within Smart Assembly in support of complete product engineering specifications.
- An understanding of intermediate manufacturing, engineering, and industrial design acumens in creating and revising engineering specifications.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.