You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Manufacturing Execution Systems Engineer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Manufacturing Execution Systems Engineer, you'll design, implement, and test Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and system integration solutions. You'll work in a highly agile team to define and develop MES capabilities and future roadmaps and to ensure they are met. You will also manage deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing MES projects and programs.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Design, develop, implement, and test MESand system integration solutions.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and enhance deployed MES and integration solutions across multiple manufacturing campuses in West Michigan.
- Developprocesses and identify and recommendprocess improvements.
- Applyproblem-solving skills and executesolutions to difficult problems independently.
- Applysupply chain cost, value stream capabilities, and economic principles.
- Collaborate with Controls Engineers in support of PLC integration, HMI and SCADA deployment, and machine data historization.
- Create rapid prototypes to demonstrate MES and systems integration capabilities.
- Defineand completetasks with minimal oversight of leadership.
- Presentwork output in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Operations, Engineering, and IT in the Herman Miller MES solution.
- Define and develop project deliverables in a highly agile environment.
- Provide projectproposal and planningto the budget owner using the appropriate request process.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related equivalent education and experience.
- Five years of experience as a developer or integrator on MES systems, preferably in a discrete manufacturing environment.
- Experience in programming, developing, and configuring HMI and SCADA systems, preferably Ignition.
- Experience working with MES Software packages, preferably Sepasoft MES.
- Experience and knowledge in Python, JSON, RESTful Web APIs, and SQL.
- Experience in the adoption and application of ISA-95 and connecting enterprise IT systems to shop-floor systems.
- Experience in database design, development, and support.
- Experience in machine data collection via OPC, preferably from Allen Bradley and Beckoff PLC environments.
- Experience with IIoT cloud-based solutions, architectures, and deployment.
- Project management experience.
- An understanding of Lean principles and their application.
- The ability to assess process concepts and determine where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at various levels including Production, Engineering, and management, as well as the abilityto work well with and develop a partnering relationship with other team members.
- Problem-solving skillsand the abilityto apply engineering expertise to solving problems.
- The ability to assess priorities and determine a course of action with minimal day-to-day supervision, andto anticipate, recognize, and respond effectively to changes which affect project plans.
- An overall business sense and understanding of how decisions impact business results.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.