DescriptionAbout this Opportunity
As an Engineering Technician 2, you'llprovide engineering support and documentation for the creation, modification, and maintenance of nonstandard products.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou . . .
- Create and modify Bills of Material (BOMs) in the Herman Miller Operating System. You mustalso know the implications of modifying BOM structure.
- Design and modify parts to meet customer needs within the material specifications of the part/product.
- Function in PC-based computer systems.
- Read and understand routings.
- Read, create, and modify drawings to support products requested by the customer.
- Understand BOM codes such as inventory codes, P/C codes, unit of measure, etc.
- Gain a high degree of Herman Miller product knowledge.
- Make decisions based on sound engineering principles.
- Work cross-functionally with people from Purchasing, Manufacturing, Applications, CAD, and Order Administration.
- Work with adetail-oriented mind set to ensure the accuracy of information delivered.
- Perform in a team environment to ensure all work is completed 100% on-time.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- Two to fouryears of experience in an engineering environment or as an Engineering Technician 1.
- Experience with PC-based computer systems and afamiliarity with standard programs such as Excel and Word.
- The ability to apply basic engineering procedures and practices.
- The ability to work to deadlines and completions.
- The ability to manage your own workload and be self-motivated.
- Team player skills.
- Mechanical aptitude todevelop solutions to customer requests.
- The ability to work under direct supervision.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Primary Location:United States-Michigan-Zeeland