Steel Mill Floor Operator
Currently seeking motivated individuals who possess great work ethic and eagerness to develop new skills for an opportunity with a local steel mill. This company manufactures machinery for other manufacturers - taking large bulk cubes of steel and cutting them to precise measures. The work is industrial in nature and it requires a mechanical aptitude along with a comfort work with heavier machinery. All new hires are trained and certified to operate overhead crane and forklift - entry level training for the right candidates is considered!
– 2nd shift, 3 pm - 11:30 pm
– Visually check tooling conditions ensuring safety and maintenance.
– Visually match production orders.
– Deburr, set up and milling steel.
– Inspect and label each part to ensure conformance to gage and parallel specifications.
– Grind all sides of milled steel.
– Operate overhead crane.
– Operate forklift.
– Operate all machinery as trained with safety as an utmost focus.
– Perform safety and maintenance checks.
– Review inventory.
– Load/Unload machines.
– Provide resume of skills/past work experience.
– Hire in on off shift.
– Mechanical aptitude.
– Ability to work overtime as needed.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
Compensation and Benefits
– Pay Rate: $13 - 14/hr (entry level) *Negotiable based upon experience*
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation Pay
– Health Insurance
– Referral Bonus Program
– Employee of the Month
– Employee Appreciation Day
– Weekly pay by direct deposit or Rapid paycard