Want to make a change? Looking for something you can be proud of? Come to work everyday knowing that you are making a difference in someone else’s life.
Join our team to empower, strengthen and enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental illness. We are looking for passionate, honest, hardworking staff to help bring joy and happiness into the lives of those we serve and to help them live up to their highest potential.
Direct Support Professionals provide direct support in activities of daily living, as outlined in individual’s Person Centered Plans. This position is responsible for on-site coordination of active treatment in a group home setting or in a consumer’s private residence, serving individuals with physical, cognitive and/or behavioral disabilities. Spectrum Community Services is an affiliate of Spectrum Human Services.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A valid unrestricted Michigan Driver's license (some exceptions may apply)
- Three references deemed acceptable to Spectrum
- Experience working with people with disabilities (preferred but not required)
- Selected candidates must successfully complete a comprehensive background check including fingerprinting, medical clearance (TB test, drug screen & physical), MVR clearance and DHHS clearance.
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
- Flexible Schedules; Days, Evenings, Overnights
- Paid Training’s including CPR/FA Certification
- $11.00/hr. to start, more with experience
- PLUS: COVID-19 Premium Pay Increase of $2.25/hr. (This is in addition to the regular pay. State funded and paid through the end of September 2021!)
- Some weekend shifts required
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available
- Multiple Positions available in Grand Rapids, Kentwood, Byron Center, Grandville, Comstock Park, Rockford, Sparta, Cedar Springs, Sand Lake, and more.
- This could be a great opportunity to gain experience in the field of Social Work, Psychology and Human Service.