Slear and Leveler Machine Operator
A local steel mill is currently seeking to fill a Slear and Leveler Machine Operator position.
– Sets up and operate slear equipped with shear blade to cut steel to a specified length and slitting knives to slit steel to a specific width.
– Sets up machine per cutting diagrams listed on work order or best possible setup to minimize scrap.
– Instructs helper throughout shift, moving him to most important areas: Machine loading, stacker help, skid building, banding and cleanup.
– Using a helper, it's the operator’s responsibility to maintain the highest level of machine run time possible.
– Performs pre-setup inspection of steel charted trying to stay three jobs ahead. Contacts supervisor with suspected non-conforming results.
– Calculates size and number of skids needed for each job trying to stay three jobs ahead, tabulates skids for helper.
– Completes all documents involved with work order, ensures all information pertaining to the work order is complete before turned in.
– Completes the variable control chart while processing work order. Performs required inspections and identifies suspected non-conforming material. Notifies supervisor of suspect material.
– Completes all documents involved with the work order: VCC, ship tags, inventory tags before moving to next job.
– Organizes and maintains tools and tooling, performs daily/weekly preventative maint.
– Faithfully adhering to the Quality Management System required inspections and data collection and provides recommendations on improvements.
– Maintain good housekeeping practices, keeps work area free of oil, oil dry, scrap and shavings, food packages, cigarette butts, and other undesirable items.
– Able to read and use a tape measure, calipers and micrometer accurately.
– Able to read, interpret, and understand the chart/work order.
– Ability to read and interpret work instructions, work order and other various documents.
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
– Ability to add and subtract, and read a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper scales.
– Required to stand throughout shift and use hands/fingers to handle and/or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
– Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
– Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
Compensation and Benefits
– Pay Rate: negotiable based upon experience.
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation Pay
– Health Insurance
– Referral Bonus Program
– Employee of the Month
– Employee Appreciation Day
– Weekly pay by direct deposit or Rapid paycard