As a Manufacturing OperationsEngineeringCo-Op,you will provide daily manufacturing engineering support to Operations and participate in project work aimed at improving operations safety, quality, and cost. You willencountermany of the different areas Manufacturing/OperationsEngineerscover at Herman Milleras youbecome an integral part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
Co-Ops at Herman Miller participate in three work rotations (May 2021- August 2021, January 2022- April 2022, and September 2022- December 2022). Your first rotation will take place during our Summer Intern Program, which includes housing options if your permanent address is not local to your assigned work location. You will be responsible for providing housing for your second and third rotations.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for one or two production departments
- Providing ongoing production support.
- Problem-solving safety, quality, and productivity issues
- Working with Operations team members, Maintenance, Work Team Leaders, and other Engineers
- Working withmanufacturingprocesses related to seating, casegoods, and office system operations at Herman Miller.
- Taking strong ownership for your projects in a fast-paced environment
- Gaining on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience (helpful)
- Enrollment in and pursuit of either a four-year Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Operations Engineering from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request. You must have a GPA of at least a 3.0 (cumulative or within your program) to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program
- Favorable academic standing within your current academic program
- Authorization to work in the United States
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makersreflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinaryis our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better togetherdemonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.