Indiana Packers, Bacon Slicing Production Supervisor - Delphi, IN
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC), is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
Indiana Packers Corporation, a large-scale pork processor, located in Delphi, Indiana is looking for an experienced 2nd Shift Production Supervisor - Bacon.
The Bacon Production Supervisor will directly oversee the bacon slicing operation at Indiana Packers while ensuring the product meets customer and company specifications. They will establish a standard performance expectation and train staff to meet them.
Reports To: Superintendent - Bacon
- The Bacon Supervisor is responsible for safety, food safety, quality, yields, and production.
- Coordinates the activities of the employees in their area of responsibility.
- Plans production operations based on the daily production schedule and shipping needs.
- Monitors product quality levels to ensure products meet specifications including label requirements.
- Monitors yields, line utilization, and schedule completion throughout the shift.
- Understands how yields, line utilization, and labor efficiency are calculated and what factors influences the results.
- Develop a culture based on open and honest communication and involvement of all team members.
- Monitors employee turnover and initiates measures to accomplish established goal.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Completes daily review of employee time punches, attendance, and time off requests in Kronos.
- Evaluates employee adherence to safety policies. Conducts safety walks weekly as assigned. Completes accident investigations as needed.
- Trains and monitors employee habits in regard to food safety. Maintains a trained SQF monitor and reviews their documentation and inspection technique.
- Completes GMP, SSOP, and any incident documents in a timely manner.
- Reviews daily production documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Good communication skills
- Confident decision making
- Ability to act quickly
- Effective planning
- An eye for detail
- Ability to take ownership
Education & Qualifications
HS Diploma or GED Required
BS in Engineering, Food Science, or Agriculture Preferred
- Relevant work experience in bacon or smoked meats processing is strongly required.
- 5 + years of bacon curing and slicing management experience preferred.
- Strong management experience with an proven ability to lead a diverse workforce.
- Possesses excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office Products which are used to create management reports.
- Strong commitment to organization and team
- Willing to take classes or training as needed.
- Must be able to pass E Verify
EOE Including Disability and Veteran