Production Workers Temp to Hire
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
This position will consist of stacking cases of product to feed the production line, feeding the conveyor empty vinegar bottles, helping unwrap pallets, combine picnic packs and making boxes. A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner, likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with mechanical equipment. Candidates in this role will have plenty of opportunities to work overtime, and opportunities to be trained on different jobs and earn higher wages. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable, reputable company.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Must have steel toe shoes/boots
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for 12 hours
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred
*$300 - Upon Conversion (after working 3-5 months)*$400 - After 6 months from conversion*$800 - After 1 year from conversion
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $15.00 an hour
- New Hire Bonus Program
Monday-Friday, including some weekends 2:00pm-10:30pm; 10:00pm-6:30am
Required to work 6:00pm-6:00am for a 12-hour shift Plant & Community Overview:
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the "pickle factory", currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Must learn the safe and proper operation of the packaging filling equipment.
- Perform set-up, start-up and changeover procedures for the equipment as needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with line performance as it relates to equipment operation.
- Responsible for clean-up of the equipment after smash-ups or misfeeds.
- Required to change rolls of foil and supply lids.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating any process or product abnormalities to your Supervisor, Team Leader, or Line Technician.
- Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP's) when handling equipment.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Operators could be used on other lines and CMF operations for business needs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.