GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the driver in loading, locating job sites, backing up safely, preparing and restoring the job site, stocking materials on the job site
- Preparethe truck for the following day and maintaining the truck and the equipment
- Safely unload product and deliver to an assigned area as directed by the customer
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- Must pass a drug screen
- Valid driver's license a plus
- Must be able to remain standing 90%
- Constantly, moving from unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom Frequently moves materials weighing up to 80 lbs while unloading and loading flatbed
- Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in outside and environment while making deliveries
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer's deadline
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- 401k Program
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gypsum Management & Supply, Inc. (“The Company”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualification and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status, or any other protected category.