Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? We're seeking Project Engineer candidates for construction projects in our Lansing Corporate office. To be considered for this position, candidates should have a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field, one or more years of experience in the construction industry, and have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals. Candidates willing to relocate and/or travel are preferred.
This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project coordination duties, and grow the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring values by prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important project activities. In addition to rewarding career in construction, Christman offers employees competitive pay, a generous benefits program and regular training and professional development.
As a part of the construction project team, Project Engineer responsibilities will include creating a safe work environment, managing the project change process and punchlist, producing, obtaining and organizing project management and contractual documents, establishing and administering the submittal process, coordinating inspections, and monitoring project billing.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Plan and prioritize high-quality, timely results within the context of project management. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Earn respect through construction knowledge and positive problem solving. Develop productive relationships with project team, contractors, design teams and clients.
- Detail Orientation: Successfully ensure accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of project management software.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills to achieve project budgeting and basic estimating for project scoop changes.
- Learning Orientation: Pursue related educational and training for job performance improvements and to share knowledge and debate concepts with the Christman team.
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- One or more years of Construction Project Management related experience.
- Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in Construction Management, Project Management, Safety, Communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrated success in Project Management positions requiring professionalism and integrity.
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran