Metro Health is seeking a Network Engineer I, preferbly with Experience and knowledge of healthcare.
Understand strategic vision of Metro Health and Information Services. Ensure daily activities align with strategic visions. A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of data, voice and the video network infrastructure along with the application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network performance meets the hospital and it’s user’s needs. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare is preferred but not required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the networks and their workings (IP Routing and Switching, VPN, Wireless, Cellular, PBX, Call Center, Video Conferencing e,g.)
- Able to work off-hours.
- Has appropriate high-speed internet available at home.
- Able to participate on a 24/7/365 on-call rotation.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of basic IT security principles.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of keeping IT systems compliant with HIPAA and other regulatory measures for IT systems.
- Possesses a valid state, preferably Michigan, driver’s license.
- Possesses dependable transportation between sites.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Has the fundamental skill to act as the primary contact for system environment related and technical operational issues.
- Proficient in utilizing work order system for entering, tracking, documentation and resolving technology issues and tasks.
- Has the fundamental skill to provide troubleshooting and technical support until the issue is resolved.
- Proficient in providing feedback to the Service Desk to continuously improve the accuracy of the established triages.
- Proficient in monitoring and supporting Metro Health infrastructure for maximum system availability.
- Proficient in defining and developing measures for proactive support.
- Has the fundamental knowledge and skills of data, voice, and video networks.
- Proficient documenting moves, adds, changes, and repairs with regards to the networks.
- Proficient in performing periodic infrastructure assessments to identify potential actions to improve performance, security, and manageability.
- Proficient in communicating with software and hardware providers/vendors to ensure familiarity with the vendor’s current and developing portfolio, as well as to maintain a relationship for support of current products.
- Has the fundamental skill to contribute to team financial objectives by maximizing resources.
- Proficient in conducting technical research.
- Has the fundamental skill to conduct root cause analysis.
- Attends any technology training, and user groups, which supports the latest changes in the application, technology, or support. This includes supporting implementations, maintenance upgrades, and versions.
- Other duties as assigned with regular and predictable attendance.