Human Resources Employment Specialist
SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking for an employee-focused, full cycle recruiter to add to our HR Talent Acquisition Team!
This position will be a front-line employee ambassador that promotes SoundOff culture. They will assist and manage the recruiting and onboarding process to attract and retain the best talent for our teams.
The ideal candidate would have experience in actively recruiting and sourcing talent for various types of manufacturing and office positions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates and promotes SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Facilitates and supports the full-cycle recruiting process for assigned positions.
- Manages the development of a strong job fair, social media, and branding presence with the support of marketing team.
- Creating online ads and postings, recruiting, interviewing, creating offer letters and completing the turndown process.
- Partnering with managers to effectively administer the applicant tracking system.
- Works with hiring manager to determine best sources of advertising and designs effective marketing to meet high expectations of promoting the current job opportunity and attracting qualified candidates.
- Initiate the onboarding process including completing new hire paperwork.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to conduct weekly orientations for new employees.
- Be a partner to the Talent Acquisition Manager with creating and facilitating employee engagement and branding.
- Assist with company internal events and community events.
- Assist with stay interviews and exit paperwork and processes.
- Assist with creating interview guides for various levels within the organization.
- May assist Human Resource team with investigating disciplinary actions up to and including separation, performance management, and conflict resolution situations.
- Works with team leaders to provide advice, ensure consistency of policy implementation and documentation, and monitor practices to ensure compliance with the law.
- Assure that the EEOC data is accurately captured for Affirmative Action Plan using designated software and partnering with AAP Administrator.
- Ability work a flexible schedule at times to meet with off-shift employees.
- Other projects or tasks as assigned.
- Able to perform job consistently without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service, public speaking and relationship building skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Broad understanding of human resources principles, practices and procedures.
- Strong interviewing skills and experience.
- Competent computer skills using (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Payroll and HRIS systems beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree and/or SHRM Certification with demonstrated understanding of human resource laws and a minimum of 1 - 2 year of Employment specific experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters of confidentiality discreetly and work with employees on issues requiring varying degrees of sensitivity.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of human resources principles, practices and procedures.
To Apply:Please apply on our company website
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.